Supervision Diploma (Intensive Course)
Duration: 6 months (1 weekend every month)
Next course begins: (January 2022) TBC
Suitable for: Qualified professionals across the helping professions, e.g.: counsellors, pastoral staff, social care workers.
– Minimum of diploma level counselling/psychotherapy qualification, or an equivalent relevant qualification.
– Supervised counselling/psychotherapy practice for a minimum one year post qualification (supervision must meet BACP requirements of 1.5 hours per month), or relevant practice in profession working to professional code of ethics.
– Hold membership of a recognised professional body (BACP, UKCP, COSRT, NCS, BABCP, HCPC or BPC).
– Professional Indemnity Insurance.
Course content: Philosophical and cultural context of supervision; purpose and functions of supervision; the supervisory relationship; upholding ethical practice and managing concerns; theoretical models of supervision; sensitivity to and working with difference; working within organisational contexts; working with groups; creative ways of working within supervision.
– Minimum 80% attendance.
– Reflective journaling.
– Self and peer assessment.
– Minimum 2,000-word essay demonstrating the practitioner’s in-depth understanding of the theory and practice of supervision. This essay will need to show the practitioner’s ability to analyse the theory of both supervision and related educational theory.
– Work with a minimum of 2 supervisees for the duration of the course. Please note that practitioners are responsible for finding their own placements and supervisees.
– Have minimum 40 hours of logged supervisory practice.
– Have minimum 10 hours of logged formal supervision of own supervisory practice.
– Produce minimum one recording of counselling supervision practice (10 minutes) transcribed with process comments.